The PPRTA Board of Directors and volunteers attend the Provincetown Select Board meetings and various other committee meetings to keep abreast of local government issues of importance to part-time property owners. Volunteers and board members also monitor local and regional print and media coverage to identify issues of interest to part-time property owners.
The PPRTA Board of Directors routinely surveys membership to gauge the relative importance of these matters to members. The PPRTA Board of Directors utilizes the data gathered from the aforementioned efforts to determine the organization’s priorities.
Click the linked items below to learn more. Please be patient, some documents may take a moment to load.
a. PPRTA advocates for investments in:
i. Sewer system
iv. Fire Station/EMS
b. Other capital items being discussed by town leaders:
ii. Stellwagen Marine Sanctuary Visitor Center
iii. DPW Garage ($25 million)
iv. Annual capital needs/requests
2. Support fiscal prudence in the town’s operating and capital budgets
3. Support tax fairness for all property owners
4. Support voting by part-time resident taxpayers
Make Your Voice Heard
1. Attend local town meetings and make your voice heard. Traditionally, part-time residents have virtually no voice at town meetings.
2. Join the PPRTA. Every member counts.
3. Tell your part-time resident neighbors and friends to join.
4. Educate your full-time neighbors on why this unfair Residential Tax Exemption policy must change. Explain that part-time residents seek to vote on budget-related matters.
5. Follow PPRTA on Facebook and share our page with your friends.
6. Consider joining our Board or volunteering with our organization to help mobilize support.